Version 2.3 – Released 07/10/13
- All HTML pages that had the previous twitter widget were changed due to the update in Twitter’s API.
this line was changed to:
- When displaying the widget you no longer must include a script either in the containing div (Do Not Include The Highlighted Line).
XHTML1245<article class="twitter-widget"><div id="tweetFeed-blog"></div><!-- end tweetFeed-blog --></article><!-- end twitter-widget -->
- Added the following files
- Removed the following files
How to setup a Twitter feed
- Go to dev.twitter.com/apps and login if necessary.
- Click the blue “Create a new application” button or choose an existing application.
- After you have filled out the form you will be taken to a page which should contain your consumer key, and your consumer secret.
- Scroll down and click the blue button that reads “Create my access token” and refresh the page after to have them appear.
- Now take the four values and paste them in their proper spot in /js/social/index.php
- Consumer key paste between the single quotes on line 27
- Consumer secret paste between the single quotes on line 30
- User token paste between the single quotes on line 33
- User token secret paste between the single quotes on line 36
- Once you have the index.php file saved open up twitter_feed.js which is located in the same directory.
- Edit count for the number of tweets to retrieve and edit username for which username to grab.